Welcome to a new episode of LinkedInformed, here are the main topics covered this week.
- LinkedIn hits 20 million members in the UK
- How many users are actually active though? I estimate the figure is nearer to 6-8 million that are regularly using LinkedIn - still an impressive number!
- LinkedIn announce UK top 10 power profiles (most viewed) in 6 categories
- Is a LinkedIn takeover of the Financial Times as crazy as it sounds?
- Top Seven Stupidest Titles on LinkedIn, personally I thought the show I did on the funniest (stupidist!) names was more funny!
The 5C System.
For a limited time I am allowing free access to module 1 of my new e-learning LinkedIn business development programme.
All I ask for in return is some constructive feedback and, if you like it, a testimonial.
Sign up for FREE access here
How do you become a top ten power profile on LinkedIn?
I might argue that Charlotte Proudman must have been in one of those top ten lists but she was excluded - maybe for good reason but who else was excluded?
So what do you have to do to get profile views;
Being famous obviously helps!
- Laura Chetcuti isn’t famous and her posts are not very well read but she is pretty active and has 14,000 followers (presumably mostly connections). Can you think of any other reason for her popularity?
- Ian Moyse (previous guest in show 18 and LION) has a massive number of connections (33,772 followers) and came in the top ten technology list.
- Bianca Miller - not especially well read but fairly active and has nearly 11,000 followers. She managed to get into the Leaders list alongside Richard Branson and David Cameron!
Is there a polite way to let people know that you are NOT an open networker / LION? Our marketing strategy has led me to be featured by LinkedIn as "someone you might be interested in following" as part of the on-boarding process of the new app, and this has increased my exposure hugely and I've gone from 3,000 followers (2,500 connections) to 16,000 followers in the last 2 months. Nice. But it also means I get invites from engineering graduates from every corner of the globe.... Can I stop that?
Answer = The best way to deal with this would be to prevent people from inviting you to connect, unless they have your email address.
Go to settings > Communications > ‘select who can send you invitations’
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time....