Welcome to a new episode of LinkedInformed, here are the main topics covered this week.
- New feature coming - videos are starting to autoplay (without sound) in the homepage feed. This is not something I have seen first hand but John Nemo covered it in a recent post
- This guy wrote to all 1,109 of his LinkedIn connections last year.
- Are LinkedIn falsely reporting their page view numbers? Itai Leshem thinks he knows how they are doing it.
- The new social network called beBee (awful name!) that practices ‘affinity networking’ as detailed in this post from the excellent John White.
I really want to do something different for our 100th episode, I am still open to suggestions but one I had recently from Mark Sheldon was that someone (maybe a listener) could interview me! Any volunteers or suggestions as to who would be a good candidate?
Let me know at email@example.com
The five things you may have missed on the new app.
I have written a more detailed published post about this but as a summary, the 5 things are as follows;
- Individual message notifications.
- Advanced search
- Desktop search history visible
- Invitation to connect replies
- See how many connections you have
- How do I find my sent invitations so that I can withdraw some of them?
- ANS = Go to the area where you view your invitations (see all) and then click on ‘Manage invitations’
- A voicemail from Gary Stockton regarding searching for connections with a specific job title.
- ANS = Use advanced search and filter your results by 'title', '1st tier' and probably location.
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time....