Welcome to episode 95 and more importantly welcome to 2016!
- French social network Viadeo has closed it’s Chinese LinkedIn competitor Tianji
- Data Shows How Google Drives Search Traffic To LinkedIn
A quick review of the main events of 2015
- The biggest story of the year involved Barrister Charlotte Proudman rebuking a senior solicitor for complimenting her on her LinkedIn profile picture. This story went global and is still being debated by many people today.
- 2015 was the year when ordinary LinkedIn users really took to publishing posts.
- LinkedIn made a significant attempt to improve groups, upsetting many users, especially group managers in the process
We are now in season 2 of my other podcast which focusses on social selling and business development on LinkedIn. On Tuesday we will be releasing episode 3 which is an interview with Christoph Trappe, a storytelling expert as part of our focus on content marketing.
Here are 5 things you can do this year to make 2016 your best LinkedIn year ever!
- Refresh your profile.
Perhaps now is a good time to get a new profile picture
Revamp your headline. The new mobile only initially shows the first 68 characters of your headline so consider updating it.
Update your summary to express your goals for 2016, this is a great way to show people that you are actively using LinkedIn.
- Produce more content.
Commit to writing more content, either LinkedIn posts or blogs on your own website.
Consider producing video content, I am focussing on developing my Youtube channel this year.
Perhaps this year could be the time to start producing radio content? If you want to start your own podcast I can highly recommend this free tutorial series.
- Engage more with updates on your homepage.
Take more notice of your home page stream
Look for opportunities to comment
Try to comment rather than ‘like’
- Cull your connections!
Take a look at your list of connections and disconnect from this that are no longer relevant and hide the updates those who post irrelevant content.
Disconnecting is easy, simply click on the link as shown below on their profile. They will not be notified.
- Get out more!
Make the effort to go and meet some of your connections. If you have developed a relationship online, why not take it to the next level by arranging to meet them in person.
Take a look at what conferences or networking events you can attend this year and use the opportunity to grow your network.
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at email@example.com.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time....