- New LinkedIn Acquisition. Fliptop, the lead scoring business announces LinkedIn takeover
- LinkedIn showing great progress in China with over 10 million members
- LinkedIn launch a new app called Lookup
- Foreign spies use LinkedIn to recruit civil servants
- Ex Tesla engineer joins Apple - How LinkedIn profiles are making corporate secrets harder to keep!
- Slideshape changes it's name to 'LinkedIn Slideshare' and announces an interesting new feature called clipping. It would be great if they brought this technology to LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn share price hit by worldwide stock market crash but hasn't recovered as well as others.
- Users are reporting a change to their LinkedIn inbox. The invitations and archive folders have gone now but you can still see your invitations, they are just in a different section (see video below).
In this interview with Forbes magazine Jeff Weiner (LinkedIn CEO) reveals that they are currently testing a new messaging feature for LinkedIn. This is great news and not before its time. What do you think it will be like? Will it be on the desktop app or mobile or both?
I can't wait to see what it will be like and think it could be a game changer for LinkedIn. New features are always rolled out gradually so if you get it before me then please let me know and send me some screenshots to firstname.lastname@example.org
Update: Since publishing LinkedIn have formally announced this new feature in this blog post. I don't have it yet. Do you?
Also I need to warn you about a product called 'Advanced Social Messenger'. Do not use this product on LinkedIn or you might be the next recipient of a message like this!
Finally this will be the last episode for a couple of weeks. I'm going for a much needed break in the sun when I intend to do very little except relax, eat and drink!
The next episode of LinkedInformed will be released on 19th September.
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at email@example.com.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time....