- Character from Ex-Machina film has a LinkedIn profile - even though she is a robot! Update since recording - it looks as though this profile has been taken down.
- If you have a really good post that you believe should be featured in a channel on Pulse then you can try tweeting @linkedinpulse to ask if they can help to get it promoted.
- Lynda.com is acquired by LinkedIn for $1.5billion!
- The Mashable article about LinkedIn's acquisition of Lynda.com
- Jeff Weiners post about the deal
- Lynda Weinmans post
- Viveka Von Rosen's profile
- Sponsored updates appear to be an attractive option as opposed to normal adverts on LinkedIn but there is a downside!
- What is the difference between posting a status update to 'public' or connections?
- ANS = Public is potentially anyone on LinkedIn - most likely first tier but in theory any user could see your update if the algorithm thinks they are 'interested' in you. Connections is only seen by your 1st tier therefore it seems obvious to always post to 'public'
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at email@example.com.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time....