- LinkedIn adverts now follow you onto different sites with their new product for marketers called 'LinkedIn Network Display', they also released another advertising related product called Lead Accelerator.
- LinkedIn launch Arabic language to the platform.
- LinkedIn poach a top journalist from Forbes, another sign of the shift towards LinkedIn becoming a publishing platform that may compete with the big traditional names in publishing. This is her published post on LinkedIn
- Two senior staff from the data science team leave....a department of some 150, wow!!
- The amusing Citizen Dave article.
- The new homepage prevents us from seeing how our status updates have performed. This is very annoying and perhaps a sign that LinkedIn are moving away from status updates in favour of published posts.
- Always check your LinkedIn invitations from your LinkedIn inbox or email and not via mobile or the shortcut on the homepage because you are likely to miss a message.
- Follow up to question about putting MBA or equivalent in your name field;
- t appears that doing so not only makes you easier to find in a search but also makes your profile visible to anyone that is outside your network!
- Where can I see how many connections I have?
- ANS = With the new homepage you can't (assuming you have 500+)....I know, crazy! The best guess is to check your number of followers under 'recent activity' as this is likely to be very close to your number of connections (connections are automatically followers).
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at email@example.com.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time....