Welcome to a new episode and the final one of 2015.
What a year it has been! There have been so many changes to LinkedIn over last 12 months so I decided to put together an infographic to demonstrate all the notifications I sent out to those on my free LinkedIn updates list.
- LinkedIn revamps its job section
- LinkedIn announced their top voices for 2015 and Paul Drury decides to crowd source his own list from real LinkedIn users (without editorial or commercial bias)
- Brynne Tillman and her social sales GPS team write an open letter to Jeff Weiner
- Nintendo create a profile for Mario Bros which is quickly taken down by LinkedIn.
- A London based recruitment firm posts a picture of its female staff at the Christmas party. All hell breaks loose as it goes viral which prompted this post from one of the girls in the picture. What do you think of this. Appropriate or not? let me know - leave a voicemail or drop me an email mark@LinkedInformed.com
Why do LinkedIn insist on creating canned responses and messages for us such as the appalling "Great post" message which can only be sent when someone has not read the post!
I didn't have time to cover this fully in the episode but you can read my blog about it here.
Peter Gold updated us on his LinkedIn advertising experiment. It would appear that sponsored updates work in terms of clicks but are too expensive to make it worthwhile.
When people click on the above sponsored update they are taken to this landing page.
Have a fantastic Christmas everyone and I look forward to catching up with you again in 2016
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at email@example.com.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time....