- Jeff Weiner announces a new LinkedIn Recruiter at the Talent Connect conference together with a new referrals feature.
- A sneak look at the new LinkedIn app which has more artificial intelligence built into it - not sure this is a good thing!
- A new service called 'LinkedIn Pro-finder' is apparently being trialled in San Francisco. Similar to Thumbtack it is going to be a way to find and feature small business professionals.
- LinkedIn's new 'topic' section is excellent. Simply type the url LinkedIn.com/topic/ and then a subject of your choice to see if there is a topic page. This is a very powerful tool for research with links to profiles (skills), training (Lynda), published posts (Pulse), presentations (slideshare) and pulse channels it pulls all of LinkedIn's rich resources together in one place. Click on the image below to see an example for 'social selling'
- LinkedIn has a new iOS mobile app for Groups.
- LinkedIn start offering unlimited holidays to staff
- New groups on the desktop version look nice but have one very important feature inexplicably missing - member search! Without search you effectively can't send messages to other members...so what is the point in having the messages feature at all?! The only reasonable explanation is that someone has made a massive mistake.....or taken a long holiday!
- LinkedIn advertising experiment. Peter Gold has kindly volunteered to let us 'look over his shoulder' as he runs a series of advertising campaigns on LinkedIn. Peter will be experimenting with different types of adverts and targeting over the next few months so it will be very interesting to see his results. I will be asking Peter to update us on his progress from time to time from the beginning of November.
- I use (or used to) LI groups to increase my connections by reviewing the membership and my level of connection to individuals in the group. I scan the 2nd level connections to see if they'd be worthwhile for me to invite to connect. Now, however, the members are just listed with no indication of our connection.
- ANS= Unfortunately this is another feature that LinkedIn have dropped so your connection workflow is no longer possible I'm afraid.
Thank you so much for listening, I really value your support and interest.
As always I would welcome your feedback and questions. If you want to be on the show you can leave a comment by voicemail (right hand side of this page) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help me to promote the podcast
It can be difficult to get noticed in iTunes and one thing that can really make a difference is reviews. If you enjoy the show please take a minute to write an honest review in iTunes, it would be most appreciated.
Until next time....